12.12.2010

Chili-Lime Pecans

Recently, I found a copy of Southern Living I had not read yet.  Buried in the Food section was "12 New Ways With Pecans".  All of the "ways" are so appetizing but when I see chili & lime in a recipe, it's  a "gotta make".  After all, it is the Holidays and this is Texas and pecans are a standard, I always welcome a spiced pecan recipe with no sugar or egg.

Chili-Lime Pecans
Southern Living - November, 2009

Stir together
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. red pepper (cayenne)
Add 3 cups pecans; toss
Spread in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.  Bake at 350º for 12 to 14 minutes or until pecans are toasted adn dry, stirring occasionally.  Cool completely.

My notes:  The lime juice is key, used fresh squeezed it possible.  The first batch I made to recipe and it could use more heat.  The next batch,  I eliminated the paprika and substituted more cayenne and even more salt and chili powder.  Smoked paprika or other chile would be excellent.  I have a feeling that this recipe would work with other nuts especially almonds and pistachios.

By the way, these Chili-Lime Pecans are a perfect beer snack, particularly served with Shiner Bock or Dos Equis.
















Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Marian Cooper Cairns


Beth in Texas
Snacked Out On Pecans

1 comment:

  1. We made these today here in Finland and they are - I mean they WERE - really really good! You simply cannot stop eating them until your are out of them.

    ReplyDelete